If you are like us, you have already started crossing items off your Autumn Bucket List. Flannel wardrobe? Check. Apple-picking with family and friends? Check. A visit to the pumpkin farm? Of course!
But have you gotten warm and buttery pastries from the Village Bake Shoppe yet?
The Village Bake Shoppe is nestled in the historic area of Lewiston, close to the Niagara River, and it offers some of the best baked goods we have ever tasted! Even if you have never been here before, chances are good that you have at least encountered some of the bakery’s desserts before, as they are served at restaurants like the Big Ditch Brewing Co., Sunset Grill, The Griffon Gastropub, The Wilson Boat House, Brickyard Pub, The Red Coach Inn, and many other local favorites!
Here are five reasons why we love the Village Bake Shoppe:
1. They bake everything from scratch. Boxed mixes are convenient to have on hand when you are in a hurry, but they can never compete with grandma’s old-fashioned recipe! If you have guests coming over but you do not have the time or energy to whip up something fresh for dessert, consider picking up some confections from the Village Bake Shoppe. This bakery does not cut corners! Everything is made from scratch, which means no fillers, preservatives or artificial powders- just pure, sweet bliss!
2. They do not shy away from custom orders and dietary restrictions. If you have dietary needs, the Village Bake Shoppe wants to make sure that you can still enjoy delicious handmade treats! Whether your diet is gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, or something else, there is no need to feel anxious or embarrassed about making your requests known. This bakery goes above and beyond to take care of its customers because everyone ought to be able to taste how sweet life can be!
3. The dessert selection goes above and beyond what you would expect. On top of all the traditional baked goods you would hope to see in a bakery, such as cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and pies, here you will also find a wide assortment of fancy desserts. There are cake pops, pecan tassies, raspberry coconut tarts, cream puffs, key lime tarts, truffles, petit fours, mini cheesecake bites, mini cannolis, chocolate covered strawberries, cake balls, cake in a cup, cream puff swans, and macarons. Our advice: do not show up on an empty stomach!
4. They make planning special events a piece of cake. If you are planning for a huge occasion such as a wedding, you probably have come to realize how much work it takes to make things run smoothly! That is why the Village Bake Shoppe has its own onsite Wedding Coordinator. She helps the bride and groom organize desserts for all of their events leading up to the wedding, including the engagement party, bridal shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, and of course, the wedding itself! You will love how much variety this bakery offers- 25 cake flavors, 21 mousse fillings, 4 jam fillings, 6 other delicious fillings (such as bavarian cream or cannoli filling), and 6 frosting flavors! Whether you prefer traditional cakes, modern cupcakes, or a crazy twist of your own imagination (see photos of “Occasion Cakes” if you need an idea of just how eccentric this bakery is willing to go!) be rest assured that if any bakery can make your sweet dreams a reality, it is this one!
Village Bake Shoppe can create a variety of stunning, beautifully made cakes for any occasion
5. They are the best place to get holiday treats. Let’s face it – life gets busy and it is not always easy to DIY for the holiday season. Thanksgiving feasts require long hours in the kitchen. Christmas means spending hours decorating the house and wrapping gifts. When all is said and done, there is not a lot of time and energy left over to bake pies or cutout cookies. If you struggle to make time for everything this holiday season, let the Village Bake Shoppe pick up some of the slack. This bakery will prepare your apple pies just the way you like them, whether with two crusts or streusel topping, and with or without caramel and walnuts. Not a fan of apple pie? Then choose from 14 other fruit pies or 10 cream pies! And do not worry about that platter of cookies you forgot to pick up for your family’s holiday cookie exchange – here you can get a wide variety of cookies, cookie bars, and custom cookie cutouts. Do not forget – everything at this bakery is made from scratch! Your loved ones will get over the fact that you didn’t bake them yourself when they take that first delicious bite!
World class desserts within arms reach
If fresh macarons, layered gourmet cakes, and Italian cookies do not make you want to drop everything you are doing right now and head over to the Village Bake Shoppe, then you have not had the real thing yet! Come and see why TripAdvisor has awarded this bakery the “Certificate of Excellence” as well as why at least sixteen different restaurants have desserts from here on their menu. Worst-case scenario? You will fall in love, and grandma’s old tried-and-true chocolate chip cookies recipe will not cut it anymore!
Located at 417 Center Street in Lewiston, NY. Open Sunday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. For more information, please visit www.villagebakeshoppe.com.